Sunday, May 1, 2011

My learning style

We usually use our sense to learn. There are three basic types of learning: visual, auditory and kinesthetic. Visual learner usually learns by showing information by graph, chart, and illustration. Auditory learner use listening to learn new things. Learning by moving and touching (physical activity) is kinesthetic. Through this lesson, I found out that my learning style is auditory.
According to internet and instructor’s articles, auditory learner has an ability to retain and learn new things by listening and discussing. This learning style does not necessary to take notes in the classroom but prefer to engage in discussion about a topic. They enjoy asking question as part of learning process. Auditory learner usually talk or mumbling while they write. Auditory learner’s strength is recalling the details and information that has been discussed before. Activities, project and assignment are not an ideal way to learn for auditory learner. Chatter amongst classmates also is a challenge for them because it prevents auditory learner from hearing the instructor. They may have difficulty with reading and writing. In classroom, I usually learn by listening and taking notes. Assignment and activities are really tasks for me. Moreover, I don’t like to ask question during class. However, I really enjoy listening to my instructor and others. I usually mumble to myself while I study. Speaking, reading and writing are my challenges in class.
In addition, I have some multiple intelligences such as Logical Mathematical, Naturalist, Spatial, kinesthetic and Intrapersonal. Logical mathematical learner, who is strong in math, reasoning, logical, problem solve, pattern. Naturalist understands nature, making distinctions, identifying flora and fauna. Visual Spatial Intelligence who have ability of thinking in pictures, imagination and love drawing. Who strong in athletics, dancing, acting, crafts, and using tools is Kinesthetic intelligence.   Working alone, reflecting, pursue interests are abilities of Intrapersonal person. I love math and love to play puzzles, maps, chart, imaging things and solving problem. I love working in nature and alone. I also like music, crafts and arts.
I did work hard in this assignment and I enjoy it. I do believe both profiles, Learning style and Multiple Intelligence, are accurate representations of how I learn, think, and interact with others. Articles what I searched on the internet are not really right with my learning style. But instructor’s hand-out paper is mostly right with me.  I didn’t have any assignment like this project in other class. I like this project because it is really helpful to me. It helps me to understand myself clearly, know how to learn easier. Now, I know my weakness and I’ll try to improve myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment